Year 6 SATS
Dear Parents/ Guardians,
The end of Key Stage two tests will take place in the week beginning 8th May 2017. Here is a breakdown of the tests the children will be sitting.
Monday 8th May:
- Reading Comprehension Test (1 hour)
Tuesday 9th May:
- Grammar and Punctuation Test (45 minutes)
- Spelling Test (20 minutes)
Wednesday 10th May:
- Maths Paper 1: Arithmetic (30 mins)
- Maths Paper 2: Reasoning (40 mins)
Thursday 11th May:
- Maths Paper 3: Reasoning (40 mins)
Year 6 children will be expected to come to school at 8.30am on the mornings of the 8th, 9th, 10th and 11th May so they can have breakfast together. The year 6 team will be at hand to appease any last minute nerves and make sure that all the children are feeling calm and relaxed before the tests begin.
During test week, it is crucial that your child attends school on time every day. In case of an emergency please contact the school immediately so plans can be put in place to support your child and make sure that everything goes as smoothly as possible for them during these tests.
What can you do to help your child during Test Week?
- Avoid making appointments during SATs week
- Encourage your child to be confident about their ability to do well
- Encourage positive thinking
- Explain that SATs provide an opportunity for them to show what they know
- Make sure your child goes to bed early and has a good night’s sleep
As a special treat, the year 6 classes will be spending Friday 12th at the Oval Cricket Ground where the children will have the opportunity to watch an action-packed game of cricket from their seats in the stands and participate in some engaging and enjoyable activities.